Monday, September 17, 2007

Secure!

Will you make it to heaven? This question refers to the perseverance and eternal security of those who have been saved by trusting alone in the sufficient death and victorious resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you are God's child...if you are "saved," will you make it to heaven?

There are many enemies that would destroy you along the road to Heaven. The WORLD is against you. This world system is not powered by Google but by Satan.
"For all that is in the world - the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the pride in possessions - is not from the Father but is from the world." 1John 2:16
The WORLD would lure you from loving the Father with a million "must have" objects from "Stuff Mart" and a never-ending stream of promises that happiness is only a new encounter or a newer image away.
SATAN is against you...not just as the moving force and architect of this world system...but as your personal, vicious, relentless enemy.
"Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." 1Peter 5:8.
The FLESH is against you. That ever-present power of remaining sin within you and me is at work warring against the Spirit who indwells us. When we want to do good, evil is present with us. Romans 7:21.

With this triad of vitriolic enemies against my soul and my salvation, will I make it to Heaven?

God's Word gives the voice of truth in answer to this question and the answer is a resounding, YES! Strengthen the weak knees and the timid with the infusion of courage that comes from considering Who is FOR MY SOUL! Overcoming the schemes of the unholy triad is the HOLY TRINITY!

GOD is for me perservering to heaven. "My Father, who have given them (believers) to me is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." John 10:29

JESUS CHRIST the SON is for me. "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out." John 6:37

God the HOLY SPIRIT is for me. We have been "...sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it..." Ephesians 1:13-14.

Will I make it to Heaven? I have God's Word on it. I will. I hope to see you there!

No comments: